01 October 2022

The Times We Had

 


Tallin, Estonia | I'm officially missing Tartu these days. Of the couple of times I have been to Tallinn (i.e. the Old Town) while living in Tartu for nearly a year, I could not recall any instance when I went there, to actually be there. Every single time I spent in that lovely piece of haven was unplanned and circumstantial, which was a disservice to the place, given the paradise that it is. It’s just funny how sometimes we tend to underappreciate the beauty of things and places that are within our grasp as we set our sights too far. I guess the famous “The Times We Had” etched on that Kohtuotsa viewpoint wall sums up all those times I had (and never get the chance to have) in experiencing the Estonian mix of cold and warm living, which was rather short but sweet, and certainly worth trying again.