03 June 2016

Mayon at Kailanman


Growing up witnessing the natural treasures of the north, as perks of sponsored trips during those grade-school and high-school days, I developed this colossal desire to realize more of those nature fantasies of mine, to extend my adventures down south. But with funds, being the major game player, and me being a student who's practically broke in most of the days, everything I long for my traveller-self were always put on hold. I don’t simply have the means so I had to mark that road temporarily closed by then – until such time when I finally had these tiny windows of opportunities to make my own-money-for-myself-to-spend, and have a taste of those childhood dreams.

Fast forward came 2012, soon as my thesis manuscript was bound-hard, was hired for a job I half-loved shortly after, and finally made some cash out of it, I made sure to take some of those abstract fantasies into intangible realities. I knew it was then the best time to pull it off, having the time, so much energy, and a little but enough dash of resources. 

And I truly had the best of times during those good travelling days – mountains, beaches, the list goes on... but not until such time when I had to slow down again, pull(?) the pedal, and set those wanderlust urges aside to dedicate more time for another chapter of my academic life, being a part-time student on one hand, and having a full-time job on the other. 

Thus, I extremely thank the universe for holidays. One such rarities was during that Christmas season, when I was able to get in touch with the sands of Matnog in Sorsogon, then later dropped by Legazpi just before going back home; sit over a rock and spend some quality time waiting for the clouds to partially reveal this conic's perfect form, with such perfect peak I wish to stand the test of time:


Surely, it will take a few more full moons before some well-spent getaway like this comes up again. To those other dear spots from the country on different waiting ends, please wait for me patiently. It’s just a matter of time.