23 November 2017

RCh, finally

This card is a partial result of my five grueling years of fighting in the university; well 10 years if I go strictly by the numbers. It seems too long of a time and too much of effort all for a card, which is true, so it’s just relieving that this chapter’s now just a part of my history as a student.

But a huge part of all this is my Alma Mater. 

UP dream hasn’t been mine to work on and fulfill, initially. From what I remember 10 years ago, UP was never an option for a college education – one, we simply can’t afford it, and two, I thought UP is too much for me to handle. But then the universe had other plans – UPCAT and DOST scholarship results favored my side. Opportunity knocked, I had nothing to lose, but everything to gain, so who was I to not give the nod. 

The UP ride was not entirely what I expected (or the lack of it) it to be. Hard, to describe the entire process, is an understatement. Though somehow I was able to get by, get bruised and jaded from falling and failing a couple of times, eventually I was able to regain my balance, then bounce back. A cycle and a series of that. The whole course was worth it. It was nothing like anything else out there.

So thanks, UP, for the love, kindness, and the privilege to grow well and strong – with your hard-hitting fist and around your caring, nurturing arms. This new achievement, no matter how long this has been overdue already, just means so much for my people.