07 November 2014

Banaue’s Stairways to the Skies


It’s quite hard to move on from something you’ve just started to fall for.

While I’m still awestruck with the heavenly feel of watching those rolling green slopes and the rest of the best things that come with the road trip, the happiness in me has to cut short, unfortunately. Frustratingly, my eyes could nearly withstand the stress and tiredness out of the previous night’s unlikely outcome but managed to remain awake for the next hours more because of those unbelievably incredible creations cascading in front of me. Indeed, the adrenaline and stress out of the adventure are stronger than the comfort offered by our beds. 

In no time, we hopped on a jeepney chartered to Bontoc for an eventual lift to Sagada, to where we’re bound to be. The wheels began to roll as some unexpected things began to unfold. Nearly an hour later, we dropped off for a pleasant surprise:


It was no less than the Banaue Rice Terraces I used to scan and adore on those Sibika at Kultura textbooks during my primary years which shows the "pagiging malikhain at maparaan ng mga Pilipino". Instantly, the first-grade pupil in me came effortlessly musing over the old days back then of dreaming to be on that very spot. Also reminded me of the good old days with my elementary classmates and teachers back home, back in the day.