23 May 2015

Northern Roads


For the past few days of spending moments over those northern mountains were countless paths we’ve conquered thus far. While my heart is still at hype chasing each and every trail and highway, my pocket’s already running dry and the clock’s madly ticking like a bomb. Unfortunately, there came the time to finally tap out, hit the road back home, face the real world at large, to make a little more money to refuel further, the other desires. And as we jumped over that Baguio-bound Sagada bus few hours before the noontime, I have imagined those roads I needed to be just to be that far.

Talk about those butt-numbing – 5-hour roadtrip from Los Baños Laguna to Muñoz, Nueva Ecija, 4-hour ride to Solano Nueva Vizcaya3-hour journey to Banaue2-hour stint to Bontoc, and 1-hour topload trudge to no less than that place called SagadaFrom there we crossed the deathly roads of Halsema, the winding roads of La Union, Pangasinan and Pampanga, the busy streets to Manila, and finally at home to Los Baños Laguna. 


The rosary road path (Or am I just seeing things?) I planned for was realized.