25 April 2020

Coron Virus


I was today years old when I systematically thought-of and fully realized the extent of damages and things & people I have lost, over simple and shallow and unreasonable reasons in this lifetime. Painful, but it is what it is. 

Historically, there are these remnants of burnt bridges and decomposing olive branches too many and too intense that making amends or undoing such acts isn't possible anymore. The damages incurred were too extensive, and the whole process was simply irreversible. I may over and over pull the Aquarius card and put the blame on the sign but it all really just boils down to this problematic trait I sorely acknowledge I, unfortunately, possessa defective way of how I perceive things paired with a pathetic counter-reaction I am hugely not proud of. When faced with circumstances against my beliefs, preferences, and standards, I instantly leave with a hard face, without a trace, on cold feet. Welcome to my dark world! 

 

Anyways, the story happened towards the end of 2019 when I had this quick escape to this highly celebrated destination called Coron along with a mix of friends and friends of friends. I wasn’t part of the initial cast & plan but due to some lucky turnout of events that prompted favorable conditions with respect to my shitty job schedule, I was able to squeeze in and found a way to fly with the group headed to Busuanga on that peaceful November morning. Everything zoomed out amazingly as each of those destinations on our list was bursting with beautythe heart-pounding Mt Tapyas, the revitalizing Maquinit Hot Spring, and all those grandiose things the tour has offered under Coron's good name, the food being the highlight. 


In the midst of the seemingly perfect trip, some virus I would like to label as Coron strain, fatally pulled one of its spellbound tricks on me. To put things in simplest terms, some unwelcomed misunderstanding arose characterized by heated words, me ultimately losing my cool. Then came my textbook defense mechanism on such a disastrous encounterthe classic silent treatment spree after which practically messed up the remainder of that day. But looking at the situation as a matured person for once (or at least pretending to be) for the sake of goodness and doing something about it, I made the conscious effort to step down from the high horse to avoid complicating things even more, which proved to have paid off. Though it's still a long way ahead, tagged with the long list of losses that are forever reminders and hard pieces of evidence of my plain stupidity, cowardice, & insecurity, this qualifies as a good initial move, I guess?

 

While it might be too late to tie some loose ends, rekindle neglected flames, and rebuild abandoned ships, I still am trying to elect to salvage and protect whatever’s left, for what’s still there and for all it’s due. This promise goes out to all of you people, friends especially, who are still and are always there silently looking out for each other (& me), celebrating each other’s victories, and together drowning in sorrows during defeats whenever necessary, be it through simple pms or over cold bottles of beer.