05 June 2023

Half-empty, Half-full

 

Dear You,

 

In contemplative moments like these, I think of you, lamenting the passage of time and our dwindling yet constant relationship over the years. Your presence has been and remains palpable in my thoughts, both in times when the glass is empty, or full, and even when the glass itself is missing. Many times I've hesitated to reach out in times of both loneliness and joy, fearing my words would either burden or bore you. Yet, amidst the mundane routines of life, I've realized the importance of nurturing our connection, which I hope to improve on in the coming years. Though our encounters have become sporadic, you always hold a cherished place in my heart, and stomach. From here on, I will try to get you off my thoughts as this is deemed to be the best thing to do - for my liver, especially.

 

Life is getting better when sober, is all I really wanted to say.

 

Proost!