07 May 2024

Error 505

 

One of my Favourite Worst Nightmares happened in July of last year in a commune in Gard, France called Nîmes, largely known for several remains of the Roman Empire which still are in excellent state until today. Months leading to THIS unfortunate event, I was somewhat hesitant to book my tickets for two main reasons: firstly, I was unsure about my working schedule, and secondly, I was confident I could still secure a ticket even a few weeks before THE event. Until such a time when I made up my mind and it was too late. I still pushed through with the trip though, joining a friend who secured a ticket. Nevertheless, I kept my fingers crossed, hoping toeventually score a pass from scalpers, under-the-table. Spoiler alert ⚠ I didn’t. 😶

 

So, on that night of 17th of July, I ain't quite where I think I am. I found myself on Star Treatment, sitting on a bench & stargazing, crying lightning outside la Tour Magne, with Arctic Monkeys giving a Live! performance of a lifetime just a few meters away, so near yet so far. Towards the night's conclusion, they played Do I Wanna Know and then Body Paint, and minutes later people screaming for more, so they went for 3 more including R U Mine? for the encore. Not to sugarcoat, it was definitely a pitiful situation. Attending a concert from the outside, being there but not really there, made no perfect sense at all. Nevertheless, I made sure to do me a favour by making a way to snap out of it. For the greater part of the night, I was away, ratger than doing The Bad Thing. Sure, There’d better be a mirrorball, somewhere:

 


To sum it up: I walked around, went beer-hopping, and heavily engaged with the other festival activities, which wasn’t bad of an idea at all.