21 April 2013

Manabu 2013


February 16, 2013

My love for the outdoors is bringing itself to the next level. The quarter hasn't ended yet but I've gunned down my 5th mountain already: Manabu (Mataas Na Bundok), a peak among a few others in the Malipunyo range. It's gifted with a straightforward trail, mild terrain, and a level-up peak view instantly gaining my love and admiration. Bonus points for the good weather that day; the going was pretty good with no major crux, obstacles, or other tricky parts. It was a perfect day setting out. 

Though, I think this was the most tiring climb I have had so far. I actually finished the supposed 2-hour trek in less than an hour skipping the mandatory breaks during the climb. The climb date also coincided with the UPLB Feb Fair week, a season mainly made to keep elbi people awake, so imagine my restfulness level at that time.


I was relieved arriving at the summit safe and sound. The peak was a good site to see Mt. Maculot, Mt. Makiling, and the Malipunyo range. Per drill at any summit, I made sure to savor the moment before descending. It's nearing 12nn already when we took our lunch and immediately traversed to visit the grotto where we had a chance for a quick chat with other hikers that day. I was amazed and inspired by their rich stories and their passion for the sport.