25 December 2022

Road to Holy Land

 

After ~54 hours of sinful/unhealthy lifestyle (read: 7 bottles of beer, 1 deadly limoncello shot, 3 cups of coffee, 0 water), it's about time for liver cleansing (and more importantly, some soul absolution). Today, I embarked on the holy path i.e. Vatican - to pay the Pope a courtesy visit and congratulate him for Argentina's huge win in the world cup. On a more serious note, it's more like fulfilling probably one of many Filipino catholic dreams in this lifetime. 

 


After a back-to-back 50k-step jaunt for the last 2 days and waking up so late, I decided to take the bus for a change, opting for the easier but less thrilling route. As I patiently waited at the bus stop,Approaching me with an air of grace, a nun, draped in her robes, engaged me in the melodious cadence of the Italian language. Respectfully, I acknowledged my lack of fluency and comprehension, confessing my inability to engage in such linguistic communion. However, she quickly switched to English, unfurling her tale of woe, the predicament of of finding her way to a particular institution called "Gregorian University". Though I was also a visitor in the area, I offered to help and immediately searched for directions on Google Maps.


After obtaining the necessary information, I informed  her of the path she must tread which was the termini I bus instead of the H one, which I was about to board. To ensure she had the details at hand, I allowed her to take a photo of my phone displaying the route and bus stop information. She gratefully captured the image and hurried off, akin to a nimble fox, determined to catch her departing bus.

 

After all such, I deeply hope google maps did work right in that particular instance, otherwise, minus points nanamantayo sa langit guys.